Thursday, April 14, 2011

From her body to jocx: "hey you! You're FAT!" PART 1 - Joint Pain

So after having the annoying itchy allergy, I also have joint pain. It first started on my right hand. Just a little bit numb. I thought I slept on it overnight, and my arm fell "asleep". But the following week, my right and left hand are both hurting, and I can't even grab or pull up  my pants. It hurts a lot. I can't bend my  fingers.

Since arthritis runs in our family, and it could happen at a very young age, I assumed it arthritis. During the first occurrence, the weather is a bit chilly, so there is a possibility. I put Vanishing Scent BENGAY® Gel since I don't want to smell like that all day, pray it works and went to work. As the day progress, the pain in my hands minimize but it's still there. When I go to sleep and wake up the next day, same pain and same numbness. And as the weather gets hotter, the pain still remains. So I thought, it has to be something else. I have been drinking a lot of water, in case it might be caused by uric acid, but no difference. The only thing that helps me every morning is when I let hot water run through my hands. I am so afraid that this day might come, but it did. I think I have CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME.


For you who think that this is not a big deal, IT IS A BIG DEAL! I work using a computer, I take notes using a computer, I play games on my computer. And I have taken a great deal of taking care of my workplace so as not to have carpal tunnel syndrome. I am not much of a techie but I rely on my computer, A LOT. And the thing is, I do not know what to do. I bought a brace that should immobilize my wrist at night, but the same thing, every morning, pain and numbness. Although I am thankful that it doesn't progress, I do wish it will be gone. It hurts getting dressed every morning. I feel so useless. It takes me at least 2 minutes just to put on my underwear, and don't let me start talking about my pants.. God!! Why did then invent pencil cut pants AKA Skinny Jeans.. LOL

I am going to visit a doctor soon about this. When I have money.. Sheesh! I need to ask my dad to pay for the initial payment so I could get myself insurance. I can't go on like this. I have to adapt and accept that I am in America, and need insurance like the rest. Grrrr.. Another bill... But hey! it's for the better..

No comments:

Post a Comment