Monday, February 27, 2012

Seborrheic Dermatitis

I am actually writing this as I wait 10 minutes before I rinse my hair. I am not in the shower ok. I do not take risks like that and ruin my perfect laptop! Alienware M11X FTW!!! But I can't wait for 10 minutes doing nothing. I can't even stand or sit still in 3 seconds... LOL ADHD?!?

I recently found out I have seborrheic dermatitis. I went to my dermatologist yesterday and they told me, although the psoriasis is not entirely on my face, you have dermatitis. I mean, I'll take dermatitis every freaking day against psoriasis. Why??? Let me tell you why.


First, what is psoriasis??
Honestly. I do not know. All I know it is an autoimmune disease as well, like lupus. You could see it as scaly and red. And the scales, just imagine Goldmember from Austin Powers. LOL
Check this link if you want to know more, after I describe it to you very thoroughly using my own words... LOL Took biology classes and this is how I describe a disease... maybe that I why I didn't finish it... Nah! I was just lazy... maybe I was just bored...


So this is what my Psoriasis looks like...
I searched for psoriasis picture on the Internet... They are so gross... LOL and mine doesn't look like that bad so I just took pictures of mine instead...



Then, What is Seborrheic dermatitis?
I think it usually occurs on hair line or something, most of what I have is on my head, by the hair line and my eyebrows.. which sucks so bad because it is on my face... :( That is my own interpretation... you could look click on this link to read about it more. I will take a picture of it sometime..

So what is their difference? I have no idea... :D I think most of the difference is where it is located and how it looks like. For example, I have some psoriasis on my knee and elbow, and I might have some that on my face as well. But some that are on my hairline might mostly be dermatitis since it mostly looking like dandruff that are oily, rather than dry and flaky like psoriasis should be. For better understanding you could look here for more information on their differences.


Update. So this is how my forehead looks like since I have sebhorrheic dermatitis. See those scaly, round blotches. That is what they are.. my doctor said so... 



  


    
 So here is now what I need to do to make what I have better. I need to upgrade my daily regimen...


L-R: Ointment for my face, oil for my hair, ointment for my body and shampoo for my hair

Having this new medication for my skin problems, which need to be soaked in for a while like the shampoo.. I need to add at least 15 minutes to my daily regimen.

These medication both helps psoriasis and dermatitis. I have been using it for 2 days and I think it has been working. So hopefully in the long run it will work... Wish me luck my loves...

Here is another picture of me... washing my hair... :) I used my tube socks so no soapy water gets in my eyes... :) It helped...


I will possibly learn more as I continue this treatment... I hope I get better soon... :D

CHECK ON THE UPDATE HERE!!!

2 comments:

  1. V Psor Psoriasis Cream in USA is a safe and natural approach to control psoriasis and skin diseases such as leucoderma, leprosy and other eruptive skin disorders. read at more : http://vpsoriasiscream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete