Saturday, January 7, 2012

1 week...

I have been delayed for one week. And no, I don't think I am pregnant. But as a precausion I will be buying pregnancy test. 

So you ask why I ended up with this conclusion? It is very simple actually. I have done my research about Prednisone, about Lupus and the other drugs I drink.

What is Prednisone?
It is a steroid medicine, that suppress my overactive immune system, so I will be able to control my Lupus flare ups.

What is a Lupus flare up?
Well it comes out in different ways in people. I, for example, have facial rashes and joint pain. But for some, who have misjudge some of its symptoms and found it late, could have kidney failure at worst.

Why did I think I am not pregnant and not worrying about pregnancy?
It is a fact that Prednisone could affect your hormone level. And I am currently down to one pill a day of Prednisone after being on 3 to 2 and half, to 2 to 1 and half, for months. And during those months that I have a huge dosage of Prednisone I am down to 1. And I have been on one pill a day for only 2 weeks before my period. And I think this affected it. Before, I was, coincidentally, just about to have my period or was done for only a couple of days after my period that my hormone levels (i think) was able to cope with the change.

Since all of this are only my hunch, why, you ask, I am not worried that I not pregnant? For one reason. :)
I know when I had sex and the past holiday, I have none! No time and place, and very busy with the holiday preps and my boyfriend's sisters being in town. And those babies are quite a handful. Lovely little ladies who are such spoiled brats (in a very loving way) Such smartasses too!

For example, after getting a Monster High doll for Christmas.
T: (brushing the doll's hair for the first time) Oh no! My baby (the doll) has Lupus!! It's losing its hair!
I was mixed emotions on this one. I don't know if I should be annoyed coz they are making fun of my sickness, or laugh coz of the funny comment, or be happy coz at least they know what I have and is aware of why I lost my hair.
They are young, but sometimes it gives me heartaches when they ask why am I losing my hair? why do you have that on your face? will it go? I tried to explain but sometimes, it's a little bit hard for them to understand. They don't understand, like some other people, why the one that makes me sick, are the same ones that keep them healthy. Oh dear Lupus researchers, I do wish you well and tell me how this happened to me.

Maybe one day, they will... (fingers crossed) and I hope to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment