Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Filipino Champorado - I tried...

I had a craving the other day and they were selling Abuelita's cheap... so I tried making Filipino Champorado without the "malagkit" rice... it taste good, but the texture is bit different since regular rice is hard...

So here is what I use...


  1. 1 cup of regular rice instead of "malagkit" (glutinous rice)
  2. Nestle's Abuelita chocolate 
  3. Evaporated Milk, doesn't really matter what brand
  4. Sugar to sweeten

1. Glutinous rice (malagkit na bigas)
2. Nestle Abuelita Chocolate Mix
So first I tried cooking the rice, mixing it every time so it won't stick in the bottom, I add more water so the rice will get fatter and softer and soggier that usual. It's a bit like cooking rice but putting more water whenever it's about to boil. When I think the rice is soft enough I melt one circle thing of Abuelita. And mix it until it melt, and the entire thing is chocolaty. Abuelita is a bit different compare to the cacao that is usually used with the Filipino Champorado, this has a bit of cinnamon I think and already a bit sweet. But I still put a little bit of Sugar. Serve it warm or cold doesn't matter, I don't even know if its a desert or regular food like on breakfast. 

I know, I know, it won't even taste half as good as the real thing but hey, I was craving for it, I got it and now I'm happy. BTW, i just research how to cook it on line too, and I didn't turn out that bad... :)

Sooooooo... I'm happy... :D do try it if you want... but i was happy and that is all i wanted... happy times!!

references:
Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment