Friday, September 30, 2011

Good days are here.. Part 2

If you have been reading my blog, or just crossed it sometime... There was this part when I thought that that the "good days" are here... by just drinking pain relievers in the morning, like Aleve or Tylenol, for my arthritis. Unfortunately, I was wrong.

I WAS SO WRONG!

Since I've drank steroids, Prednisone, I have been allergic to Aleve. I feel little ants crawling up my leg but in a bit painful way. A little like, maybe, restless leg syndrome (!?!). I'm not sure. It was annoying, painful and I wanna scratch it but it seems so much under the skin. So, Aleve for my arthritis is not an option anymore... :(

One drug down.

Next.

So since I can't tale Aleve, the other pain reliever that I want to take or the only thing that I like was Tylenol. I really like acetaminophen compared to ibuprofen, it works better for me. I even saw on the news at least only a month ago, that compared to other pain relievers, Tylenol or acetaminophen has less damaging effect to people who are pregnant or who want to be pregnant. And if you are a girl, this is important.

So, I thought I made the right decision. So, I thought I was being smart about this. I was wrong.

I wasn't addicted to the pain relievers. Because, when there are days that I don't feel pain, I don't take it. But it was the effect of the pain reliever and an empty stomach that got me. Not only do I have Lupus, I also have GERD. Its Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, it's like heartburn but in the very worst of it. I also drink coffee in the morning, regularly. Just a cup, nothing more. But those were a bit of a NO NO.

Those doesn't cause Ascites though, which was the reason for my 1 week hospital hopping. I still need to find out how I had that. But at least, because of the GERD, I am now getting checked and have a primary doctor. Will be in touch with them soon. :)

"So, no more pain relievers for me, I can't have them since I am back on Prendnisone. I am taking 30 mg daily, unlike before which are like 10 only... sucks, they have to wean me down or else my body might go into some other kind of shock which is very dangerous. I hate being sick. So everyone else, take care OK? It's hard being sick."

No comments:

Post a Comment